KCKC has a variety of paddling programs for different levels of interest.
You'll be able to find the right one based on availability, goals and level of interest!
1. Do you like spending your time in outdoor activities?
- in addition to paddling we spend our time running, xc skiing, cycling, and swimming.
2. Do you spending time on the water?
- our club is located at the Kamloops Water Sports Facility @ Shumway lake where we paddle all summer. In the spring and fall sessions we enjoy mixing it up with paddles on the Thompson River and various destination paddles. Our club has been lucky enough to train as well in various locations including San Diego and Nanaimo. During spring 2022 we had a two week training camp Osoyoos, BC. The BC Provincial Coaches have created a Spring Camp for 2023 in San Diego. This will be an ongoing training camp for future years.
3. Do you like multiple fitness activities in your workout?
- to support our performance in paddling our club athletes do a lot of running and weight training in the summer, as well as swimming, xc skiing, cycling and weight training in the winter. We are hosting two club xc country ski loppets for winter 2023 at Stake Lake. Depending on early season snow conditions, we may have a kick-off training weekend at Sun Peaks in early December each year.
4. Are you competitive and are you looking for a new challenge?
- our regattas are designed for all age categories from novice to experienced athletes to showcase all their hard work and compete against other clubs.
5. Are you looking for a well established and year around program for your kids?
- our program is unique in that it continues running twelve months of the year. Our athletes paddle, train and attend races in the summer. In the off season, they continue to train with our Head Coach supporting them through cross training in various sports throughout the winter.
6. Do you want to become a part of a successful sport team?
-KCKC has become one of the most successful sprint paddling teams in BC and the Pacific Coast. Our athletes are dedicated and enjoy representing KCKC in a variety of club events.
In case you answered "YES" to at least one of the questions mentioned above, Kamloops Canoe & Kayak Club is the right place for you! Contact our Head Coach
See our Programs section to find more information about our KCKC sprint paddling team and how to become a member today.